How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1389
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My ex is taking me to court for full custody of my son can I

This answer was rated:

My ex is taking me to court for full custody of my son can I get help with solicitors I've already had 1 court hearing and I need help I don't receive benefits and I'm on a low wage I don't receive any maintenance payments


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.

Please may I ask:

- how old is your son?

- who is your son living with now?

- did the court make any orders at the first hearing in respect of anything that needs to be complied with?

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son is 8yrs old my son lives with me and has always lived with has access every weekend and half the school holidays. In court caff cass are doing a section 7 so they made another date in court for the 31st of October.. the cost ordered that everything was to stay the same till next hearing. It was my turn to have my son back on Sunday and he refused to give him back the police carnt do anything unless there is a court order in place to remove him from the property


I am very sorry to hear this. You must be distraught.

Can you tell me:

- what are the reasons for the Section 7? is your ex alleging concerns about you? do you have concerns about your ex?

- has your ex given a reason for keeping your son? has he let you speak to your son? has he said when your son will be returned?

- have cafcass started the report yet?

kind regards


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reason for Section 7 I told them about his dad having a drink problem and he let's my son do wat he wants. So I think it's a safe guard issue. I spoke to my son Sunday day and told him I was collecting him Sunday at 7 and he was fine then u got a message from his dad saying he doesn't want to come home he wants to stay there I still went to collect him and my son wasn't there he was with his new girlfriend somewhere and his dad was sitting in the house drinking.I'm waiting for caff cass to contact me know for an appointment then I have to do statements and I just don't know where to start

I am so sorry to hear this.

You need to make an urgent application to return this matter back to court immediately.

Fill out this form:

Explain that you have complied with the court order and allowed contact but now the father has retained the child.

Explain that you are being denied a relationship with your son and that you still have concerns about the fathers drinking and that the Section 7 report has not yet been started.

Once you have completed the form - call your court and tell them that you want to be heard by a Judge immediately and that you want an order for your son to be returned to your care immediately.

The Judge may decide to hear you today without telling the father and give you the order of his return or list this case within the next couple of days for a hearing. Either way the court will highly likely return your son if you are the main carer.

You need to do all of this now. You cannot wait a few days. Explain that you tried to get the help of the police and they would not help you.

let me know how you get on.

Kind regards


Please kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today

ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will there be a fee for this

There is a fee of £50.

But you may get a reduction - see this form:

let me know how you get on

kind regards