How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I've been married 8 years next month together 11 years our

This answer was rated:

I've been married 8 years next month together 11 years our marital home is owned outright by his father although we have lived here 6 years last year house deeds should of been signed over to us but we never did them. My husband left our home in June of this year and is now in a relationship n co ha hitting with her. What if any are my rights to this house??

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-Have you had sight of the title deeds for the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Deal Kent England
Not as such but mate eat bank would hold records of wen it should of happened last year.
I have 3 boys to husband and his dad very keen for me to accept £5 grand n move on...

Thanks. Before we proceed I would suggest you check the title deed which can be done online here for a fee of £3:

Please let me know whose name the property is in and I can continue assisting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Name properly is in is MR TONY BEALES owned outright by himself no mortgage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is that his father?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the father of my husband Christopher Beales
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I have any rights over house or anything??

Thanks for confirming. Given that the property is not in your husband's name it will not be considered a matrimonial asset. You therefore have no automatic rights or a legal interest in the property. However, if you have a formal agreement or have made any significant contributions to the property you would be entitled to make a claim to your local county court using form N1 and a £355 court fee against the father.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you