How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Before I married my husband I had to sign an agreement

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** married my husband I had to sign an agreement saying I had no claim on the mortgage he was taking out. As did his parents who put a £30.000 deposit down.
We have since married and have been married for 5 years.
He has unfortunately broke my trust in a way that isblookingnlikr we will separate.
What I need to know is do I have any claim on the house if he decides to sell it?
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Please do not worry - the form you signed was about the rights of the Mortgage company and nothing else.

You are still entitled to a share of the Matrimonial Home in the event of a divorce.

You shoudl however register your matrimonial home rights.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I do this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The form is here