How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My sister has a court order in place that she has her two

This answer was rated:

Hi my sister has a court order in place that she has her two children on her wedding day from 9am-9pm which is tomorrow sat 20th August but her former partner is saying that she had bad mouthed him in front of the kids this isn't true and just a reason to give why he will not let them go. Is there any way or what can we do to make sure the court order is kept in place ?? Thank You

Hi, thank you for your question. The court order will most likely have a warning notice attached to it and he should be informed that if he does not comply with the terms of the order then there are enforcement options against him. I appreciate that there is very little time to deal with this, and if she wishes to return the matter to court for enforcement due to the threat she must do so this afternoon on an urgent basis using form c79 and a £155 court fee.

If he does not comply with the order tomorrow, then she can consider applying for enforcement next week and the court will consider whether it is reasonable to issue a fine or imprisonment.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you