How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I live in the united kingdom and had a non molestation order

Customer Question

I live in the united kingdom and had a non molestation order against my husband which he contested and as a result it was cancelled due to lack of evidence from my side. I am concerned about the safety of my son now the nonmolestation order has been cancelled. can I contest the hearing or do something to protect my son from his father? cafcass are involved.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

In what way is the child at risk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare My son is 6 year old has autism and special needs. My husband has cunningly proved my allegations as false. I had got a non molestation order which now is cancelled. My son was also named on it.The court said child issues will be dealt separately. My husband can now approach me or my son any time now the non mol is in place. I felt really bad in court as I know my allegations are true my husband tried to strangle me and on cation occasions physically and mentally abused me. Just that I don't have proof.I don't want my husband near my son unless supervised by third party and measures in place. My husband was sponsored by me and he got naturalisation. Court said I could've objected to his citizenship back in 2012 if he was violent which actually was a point raised by respondent. My ex didn't cross examine me either so I didn't get an equal say in court. My solicitor made a few typos and I signed the statements without noticing small faults which my ex used against me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you need any more info please let me know I can add files too
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

When were the last incidents of violence - and what risk is he to your son?