James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

I'm just starting divorce procedure online. We've been

Customer Question

I'm just starting divorce procedure online. We've been married for 10 years. we went to the bank to take my name off but they won't let me he earns £17500 a year. And the mortgage is £88.000 making payment of £475 per month. I moved in my parents house it two bedroom withe my daughter is 10 and son is 8 I've been offered a council house but need to relinquish myself from the house and hopefully some how take my name off the mortgage. And waver any financial rights. get a court order to remove myself I've got 8 months to do this and probation preirod of 12 months. And my ex wants to stay in the house. And I want him to have sole rights. Also will have to take my name off the deeds.
Please help!!!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What have the Council said about your interest in the property?

Will you need housing benefit>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is worth £75.000 and £88.000 left on it. I work two jobs at 30 hours per week the housing association said that am not entitled to housing benefits the rent is £406 per month. But my ex has started been funny with me I don't know why I want to sever ties with him and get on with my life. The housing association have calculated that I earn £20.200 a year that's with child tax credits. Working tax child benefit my wage
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Does your husband pay child maintenance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but the kids go to his house after school and he give them their tea and he can doesn't have loads of money left when he has paid everything
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Would you prefer to remain in the matrimonial home with the chidlren if you could afford it?