How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am separating from my wife and want to consider mediation

This answer was rated:

Hi I am separating from my wife and want to consider mediation can you tell me how that works and what I have to do.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Mediation is an excellent way of discussing all the issues arising form the end of a marriage in order to reach an agreement that suits you as a family rather than one which is standardised and decided by the Court.

You and your ex will meet with the mediator - first separately and after that together who will help you give structure and ficus to your discussions.

Any agreement can then be turned into an enforceable court order if that is what you wish

You can find local mediators using this website

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you