How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If me and both my husband are born in England went to

Customer Question

if me and both my husband are born in England went to Pakistan to get married their can my husband still marry again from here to someone else without my consent
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Since Polygamy is legal in Pakistan your husband can go there and marry some one else.

However he cannot bring her here as his wife - and if she is also from the UK then the marriage would not be recognised at all

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
me and my husband are both born in England and went to Pakistan to get married came back to England he wants to marry a girl from here in England now can he do that
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

If he attempts to ho through a legally valid marriage here in the Uk then that would be bigamy

If he goes through a Nikah then it is not