How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I need help

This answer was rated:

I need help

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm what your issue is so that I may assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife walk out on me Wednesday and she have stop me having my son tonight I don't know why and I don't know where I stand

How old is your son?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15 month

Thanks for confirming. Your son has a right to a relationship with you which can only be reasonably restricted if there are welfare concerns.

In the circumstances I would suggest that you write to her setting out your proposals for contact arrangements between you. If she does not respond or agree, you should make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the child's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to your local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1.The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you harris

No worries, I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For Harris can she stop me by having him at the weekends or weekday

Not unless there are child protection or welfare concerns and it must be in his best interests for such to take place

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harris they come home

Apologies, I dont understand what you mean