How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35046
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can i a contact my ex's solicitor directly?

This answer was rated:

hi can i a contact my ex's solicitor directly?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Does her solicitor write to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. she email me with cc her solicitor's email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she says her solicitor will contact mine but i dont have one?

Then you can contact her solicitor directly.

What you must not do is stop the child maintenance - the court does not link contact and maintenance and frowns on parents who do

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
brilliant,thank you. Also my son starts to school in september and she saying to me am not allowed to come on his first day at school? its not in his best interest? just to confirm am very close with him and he loves me a lot.

If you are named on the birth certificate then you have parental responsibility and can attend the school of you wish (just do not let your ex provoke you into causing a scene)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hes got my surname, thats my only worry scene, i will not let her provoke me, just i dont want to turn up there and she calls a police etc..drama.
whats hers responsobilities? does she has a right to stop me seeing my son on a date that previously been agreed to?

If you wish to have an enforceable order so that your ex cannot prevent you from seeing the child you first need to try and discuss matters with her using Family mediation

and if that fails then apply to the court for a Child Arrangement order

you can read more here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare
i just have been tryin to get in contact with my ex but shes ignoring my calls. i text her am coming round hers to talk. is it ok for me to turn up at her house and knock on her door and ask for a chat?

No do not turn up there - follow the process of contacting a Family mediator and taking it from there

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. i didnt.. this is the situation from the past weekend : as previously sended email with the dates from her,when shes asking me to have my son which i agreed.
sun 28th at 6pm till Monday 29th at 6pm,
she texted me sunday morning can i have him earlier,from 3pm which i said SURE i will! she bought him a bike and asked me to pick the bike first and then come back after my son, so i came infront of her house i put the bike in the bsck of my car but i couldn't close the boot door and said to my son to jump in the car in one go... she didnt let him in because wasn't safe for him? so i take off the bike from the car and drove off cos she started to create drama off it and was embarrassing cos there was a neighbours outside.she called me and tried to make me come back .i didn't. next morning i text her can i come to pick up thomas and this is what she replied

So Speak to a mediator and make an appointment - and start preparing a court form C100

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what bout his first day at school? is still ok to go?

Legally yes - but please be careful

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you?what sort of time u online for future contacts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do i need to inform the school/teacher that am coming?

I am on most days - and no just pop along and see him start school

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi clare.
i got email from my ex that i need to go through solicitor for legal agreement to be drawn up to gain access for my son?

Nonsense - make the mediation appointment as soon as possible

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
domestic violence is involved, while we were lived together she attacked me and she got caution, we been on mediation too?
just went through the link u send me

Still attend the MIAM

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, but what in meanwhile? i suppose to have my son this friday! i wont see him? what if she refuse MIAM?

It does not matter if she refuses - simply attend your appointment and make the applictaion to the court if she does not allow contact this week

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. where are u based? can u represent me?

I am sorry - we are not allowed any contact outside this site - but you can in fact deal with the matter yourself

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, no worries. but i will need your help later on if thats ok?

Of course - you just have to ask

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you and buy for now