How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a 6 week old baby and no longer with the father. how

Customer Question

i have a 6 week old baby and no longer with the father. how much access does he need to have. also is he allowed to take the baby to his relatives on his own?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are you breastfeeding and what contact has he had so far

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no im not breastfeeding now. ive been letting him see the baby 3 times a week at my home about 1 hour and half to 2 hours at a time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi did you get my last message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not very happy with this service. i have paid £26 to your company and i havnt had a answer to my question since 4 this afternoon. i would rate you 1 star.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies - I had a late meeting to attend

Is there any reason why he should not take the child to his own home - or that of his parents?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both of his parents are dead. and he has two cats and a large dog. so is he allowed by law to take him away from my home?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What are your concerns if he does?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you not tell me what access he would be allowed if i decided to go to court? my only concern are with the pets cause he lives on his own and its an open plan house and his dog is like his shadow.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

If your ex applies to the court for a Child Arrangement Order then yes he will be able to see the baby on his own and take the baby out for increasing periods of time as the baby grows bigger.

It will take a little time for the Court to decide - but that is the likely outcome.

You should try and agree matters with him using Family mediation

You can also find out more on the website here

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. its been very usefull.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome - I hope all goes well