How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am shortly to go to court as my expartner is applying for

This answer was rated:

I am shortly to go to court as my expartner is applying for a residents order for our child.
This man has lied on many occasions to other people and the court. We have both prepared statements which have been exchanged and sent to the court. I have now drafted another statement responding to yet more of his false allegations. Should I send this to the court before the first hearing. Is this permissible? Or should I take it with me or wait till the second hearing. Forgive me I don't have a lawyer. My exporter is very wealthy and seeks to destroy me financially if I were to get a lwyer.

Hi, thank you for your question. The court will only allow filing of evidence if it is directed and if a response is not directed at this stage you should request for it at the first hearing. This is to prevent parties filing unnecessary evidence or continuously filing responses to each other.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you