How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1388
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My ex-husband hasn't provided any of the information we have

This answer was rated:

My ex-husband hasn't provided any of the information we have asked for i.e. bank statements, his and hi new partners salaries, bank accounts etc. The court deadline was 7th July. The FDR is on the 21st September. He has made no offers of what he wants. My solicitor has chased his twi to no avail. What implications does this have?


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that your husband isnt co-operating in the financial proceedings.

The court will expect your husabnd to engage in these proceedings.

If you go to the FDR and he still hasnt supplied the documents then you should instruct your solicitor to seek that he pay the wasted costs of that hearing and also that a penal notice be added to the court order to ensure his compliance in respect of the missing documents. If he then doesnt comply then you can start commital proceedings.

Kind Regards


If you have found this service useful please kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receiv credit for helping you today

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. What if he and his solicitor leave it to say 2-3 days before and do not give us time to prepare answers?


You can still ask the court for a costs order. It would be up to the Judge as to whether he made such an order. You could ask your solicitor to write to the court and update them as to the difficulties you are experencing with him.

Kind Regards


ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that's brilliant. 5 star rating from me. :)

Thank you for your kind words and for using Just Answer. I wish you all the best.