How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Is it possible for a non resident parent, with parental

This answer was rated:

Is it possible for a non resident parent, with parental responsibility, to take out an injunction against the resident parent to stop a medical assessment for a disability?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Could you explain a little more about what has happened please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The child concerned was due to go to a disability assessment appointment. The resident parent was telephoned to be told the appointment had been cancelled because the non resident parent with parental responsibility telephoned the hospital carrying out the assessment and said there was a court case pending. They contacted their governance and legal team and decided to cancel. I checked with the family court and was told there was no case pending. They then contacted the non-resident parent who then stated an injunction had been taken out to stop the medical assessment. Again when I contacted the family court there is nothing registered and I wwas told it would be a prohibited steps order anyway.

The only Order that oculd have been made to stop the assessment would be a Prohibited Steps Order which could have no force unless it was served on you.

I suggest that you write a letter of complaint to the hospital pointing out that had they sought the correct legal advice they would have known that unless an Order had been served it was not binding.

Ask them to reschedule the appointment as a matter of urgency

You may also need to consider making a Court Applictaion of your own for an Order preventing your ex contacting the hospital as a result of this behaviour

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for that. am I right in thinking it would have to be served in a family court? Also would it have to be active at the time of the appointment?

It would have to be served personally on you - and prior to the appointment

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you