How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can I appoint a family member as power of attorney if she

Customer Question

Can I appoint a family member as power of attorney if she lives outside UK, in spain
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Yes it is possible to do that - but on a practical basis it is not entirely realistic since the idea is that there is someone who can deal with matters on your behalf - difficult if they are living abroad.

It would be better to appoint two people - the one in Spain and one in the UK who can work together or separately as needed

Please ask if you need further details