How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Before pregnancy my boyfriend and I were fine. I mean our

Customer Question

Before pregnancy my boyfriend and I were fine. I mean our relationship. We lived in the flat together. When I became pregnant he has changed. He works but he does smoke kanapes daily which it has impact his behaviour I believe. He is unhelpful and disrespectful... We live at his parents house. The house belongs to the council. I work as a care worker and I'm a student as well. I want to move with my son,but he disagree with me to take my son. He said if you want to move then you can move out alone. And he Ali says I'm British and you are europian. I called to a solicitor today and the solicitor told me that a baby goes to live with a mum. If you are not happy with your boyfriend you can take your child and go, solicitor says. The thing is he won't agree with that. We are not merried but he is on the child birth certificate and he keeps me telling that you won't be able to live with our son. He wants to share living with our son for example a couple days the baby lives with me and then with him. But the thing is he is not interesting to his son he smokes weed and plays games on the phone or computer for a whole night. He also uses out don't as a weapon against his parents because he is addicted to kanapes. he expects support from his dad to look after our son when I go to work. His parents doesn't do anything that to help him give up to illegal smoke because I heard him to told them I will take my son and you will never see him again I think they scared... But the main thing is I want to move with my son safety and I want to bring him up. Can you give me an advance please because I feel scared and lost from how I can begin this. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Does he smoke while he is in the property when your child is also there?

Whose name is ***** ***** agreement in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he smokes in the garden belongs to the property. The tenancy agreement is council. But his mum and dad are in charge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
his parents rent a house from council because they are both working on another hand.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Name is ***** ***** and dads in the tenancy agreement. The house belongs to the council housing. My boyfriend is just registered in the house as a resident.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain me as a whole please.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years.

How old is your son and do you have somewhere safe to take him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is 6 months old yes i will have a studio flat