Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters

After 12 yrs together the last 4 with me living in my

Hello.After 12 yrs together the last 4 with me living in my partners house we have decided to marry.Sorting out financial/inheritence issues seem over whelping. I am still paying a mortgage on my own house in which my daughter and son in law live with their 2 small children.I have an adult son -married who lives partner has 4 children two of whom are adults two are n their teens.My partner has savings and has a very small mortgage.I don't want any of his money.we would keep separate bank accounts etc.It all seems so daunting sorting out these things.we need to see a solicitor but would this be straight forward to sort out!? Thanks

Hi, thank you for your question. As you are planning to marry and have some assets, it would be sensible to meet with a local solicitor to draw out agreements and wills regarding this - the solicitor can sit down with you both and go through all assets and finances and advise regarding drawing up a will and a potential pre-nuptial agreement if that is sought.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.