How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband and I separated mutually 21 years ago, no-one

This answer was rated:

My husband and I separated mutually 21 years ago, no-one else was involved and he moved away from the area after he was legally given half the value of the house and i took out a new mortgage in my name only. Since then I have moved house it is in my name only as are all my household bills etc. We have remained in friendly contact with each other but he is living in rented accommodation with the possibility that he will need to go into a nursing home eventually. We didn,t ever do anything legally when we separated.Will I be expected to help with payments for the nursing home as he has no savings?

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Since the property is held in your sole name there is no question of your having to contribute towards his Care Home fees

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you