How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34903
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

What percentage am I entitled to, with my hudsands pension.

This answer was rated:

What percentage am I entitled to , with my hudsands pension. We have been together for 19years .married for 11years . I have one son who is 12.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How long has he been paying into the pension

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He works at the post office .he has been working there for 19 years. I only work part time . I needed the time out to bring up our son .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are going through the divorce now and I'm not sure what percentage I am entitled to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the answer put put on here or emailed

My apologies for the delay

The starting point for division of the pension is a 50/50 Pension Sharing Order - although you may prefer to negotiate a larger share of the capital assets instead

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you