How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Need help. Me and my estrange husband have joint custody

This answer was rated:

Need help. Me and my estrange husband have joint custody over are 3 year old son. However he's now manipulating him and emotional abuse my son is stressed insecure social worker won't do anything. This man is harassing me and my family for two years now with social workers police and we prove our innocence everytime and it's effecting my son. He's doing morally wrong nothing criminal and getting away with it making our lives hell and he's loving it. I live in northern Ireland and the best thing for me and my son is to move to England I no he won't consent but I need to protect us and get free from a monster. Is it criminally wrong if I pack up and move away fresh start happy life with son in England? Thank you

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How is the child's time shared between you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get him Sunday evenings to Thursday evenings he gets Thursday evenings to Sundays and is not taking him to playgroup on Fridays cos he doesn't want to travel that far my son could stay with me and I could take him in as it's 5day funded place but he won't do that again not thinking of James but himself and James isn't attending full time

What is the problem with him missing one day at playgroup?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cos the committee views it monthly and the manger of playgroup said if they miss so many days the will take him out they won't fund anymore this is a tactic to get my son out of placement so he could but him in playgroup near him. But my question is is it criminally wrong to move across waters without his consent

I am afraid that it in fact amounts to Child Abduction

In addition your ex will be able to apply for an Order in the UK forcing you to return to NI with the child.

If you wish to move to the Uk then you will need to apply to the Court in NI for permission to remove the child

Alternatively you can apply to the court for a Specific Issue Order ensuring that he takes the child to Playgroup

Sorry not to hive you better news - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I just don't want to do anything illegal I needed to make sure thank you for your advice I really appreciate it

You are most welcome - I hope matters go as well as they can

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you