How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clare - quick one, my ex wife is trying to push me into

Customer Question

Hi Clare - quick one, my ex wife is trying to push me into using Child Maintenance to do collection, but this invokes a 20% fee to me. I believe I can refuse to pay this and stick to family based arrangement, can you clarify?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can refuse to take this step - but only if you set a solid payment method in place (such as a Direct debit)

and never miss a payment!