How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am the primary care giver of my 2 year old but my ex his

This answer was rated:

Hi, i am the primary care giver of my 2 year old but my ex his father is names on the birth certficate. I have informed him of the move and I am wanting to relocate within the UK what is my legal standing on this in terms of being able just do it?

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-If there are any court orders in place, if so what?

-Where you and the father currently live?

-Where you intend on moving?

-What the arrangements are for the father to see the child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there are not any court orders. We currently live seperated but in bradford and im looking to relocate to susex. At the moment he has his son on a friday evening from 4 until 7 on a saturday morning whereby my mother collects my child (as i work on weekends) this arrangement is as and when he feels like having my 2 year old. However when i move i am more than willing for him to have access to my child and have no intention of stopping any contact he may want

What is the reason for the move?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a partner who resides here and also an application to a university to study nursing pending.

Thanks for confirming. The father has a right to be consulted given that it is a major uprooting of the child from where the father lives and also from where his extended family also live. If no agreement can be reached either through negotiations or mediation you will need to pursue a specific issue order to court using form C100 and a £215 court fee and for the court to make a decision regarding the relocation.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for but if you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you