How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Ive seperated from my wife two years ago and i have

Customer Question

Ive seperated from my wife two years ago and i have abrilliant relationship with miy children. we speak every day when im not with them. My children 10 and 11 have mobile which i pay for.
i call them the same time approx every day. my ex wife is trying to stop this but my children still want to speak to me. can she stop them talking to me when the children still want to talk to their dad ???
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Why has she suddenly done this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because thats just how she is no reason , she just has a thing against me. its something different every week
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What face to face time do you spend with the children?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
118 days
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In what pattern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
every wednesday and every other weekend plus 4 weeks holiday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How many days has she stopped the phone calls for so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
today ,she has said its from, the kids will be devastated. they call me on the phones i gave them and pay for once a day. what rights do the kids have
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has she actually removed their phones?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not sure i will try calling later. can she stop them from speaking to me ? when nothing is wrong or been done wrong and they want to speak to me ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In the short term yes she can - simply by stopping then from doing so.

In the long time and if necessary you can apply for a Child Arrangement Order that re-instates the phone calls and ensures she cannot stop them.

The first step in that process is to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting with a family mediator.

If your ex will not mediate then you can then apply to the court for a Child arrangement Order using a Form C100 and paying the fee of £215.

Since the children enjoy the calls and they have being regular for so long there is no reason why they should not continue

Please ask if you need further details


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome - I hope it will not be necessary