How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

To whom it may concern I want to know my position with

This answer was rated:

To whom it may concern
I want to know my position with having to pay Child Maintenance.
I am currently self employed and do not have a regular salary. What is my position if my employer is asked to disclose my details or contract, is he obliged to do this. By law what is he required or not required to disclose.
Your sincerely
Gerard 0'Byrne

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you pay yourself dividends?

Who do you mean when you refer to "your employer"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, thank you for getting back to me.No I do not pay myself dividends.I have my own company and work as a consultant and get paid on commissions but not on a salary via my employer who contracts me as a consultant.Based on my position what way or means can I prevent my ex partner from knowing what I gat paid and seeking Child Maintenance from me.RegardsGerard

I am sorry but the simple answer is you cannot do so.

You can certainly refuse to give any informtaion to your ex.

Since you are self employed the Companies you do work for cannot be forced to give information immediately

However the CMS can access your Tax records if need be to complete an assessment - and if you try and get round it by off shore tax havens THEN they can approach companies you work for

I am sorry I cannot give you the answer that you are looking for

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you