How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I changed my name on marriage but all my official documents

Customer Question

I changed my name on marriage but all my official documents remain in my maiden name. Am I doing anything wrong?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Which country are you asking in respect of

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In that case you are doing nothing wrong at all - you are fully entitled to use either or both names as you choose - provided you are not doing to with an intent to defraud.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details