How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a Son,who has a partner there living together as a

This answer was rated:

i have a Son,who has a partner there living together as a couple,however his partner had 4 girls whom was living with her ,unfortunately the children where taken into care as they where accused of physical ,emotional and neglect.My sons partner is now seven months pregnant with her with child but my sons first child and there is a possibility the unborn child can be taken help how can i help .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one of the accusations thats being made is that they put two or three children in a cellar , there saying that they went to turn on the gas and brought the kids with as they asked to what it looked like ,the children are quite young and therefore the questioning of a child can sometimes be unsafe.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are they in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am in Barnet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry they live in sheffield

Thank you. In the circumstances, given the history of the matter it is likely the local authority will again be involved to safeguard the baby once he/she is born. If they do decide to take legal action, then you can seek to be involved and assessed to care for the baby to prevent him/her being removed. Given it is a newborn if no viable alternative placements within the family is found he/she will likely be put up for adoption if a court agrees that there is a risk from both or either parents and no other alternative carers are found.

Your son may also wish to be assessed as a sole carer of the child if there remains a risk from the mother, and this will mean a separation from her in order to protect the child.

Of course, this will depend if there remains a risk from the mother and the Local Authority will need to assesse the situation.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you