How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

If you are a mother and pay Child maintenance to the father

This answer was rated:

if you are a mother and pay Child maintenance to the father once through CSA but then change to self paying him due to the father moaning about the admin charge from the CSA. but then you become pregnant again go on maternity leave with no pay. Do you still have to pay him maintenance or can it wait until I go back to work?
as the CSA calculator says I don't but his threating me with legal action. but I have no money and do not see why my new partner has to pay for a child that is not his when he has 2 he pays for already.
can he get false to pay even though I have no money? or would a solicitor laugh at him?

Hi, thank you for your question. In those circumstances you should inform the Child Maintenance Service of your change of circumstances and they will provide a new calculation - if you have no income your liability will reduce to nil.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you