How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have had an affair with a man and his wife is controlling

Customer Question

I have had an affair with a man and his wife is controlling everything with regards ***** ***** children he will let me see them minimal as she wont allow it she says she will take the children if I get involved in any way the children live with my partner full time Monday to Friday he takes them to school every day and they help on the family farm which is there home she left them there that was the children's best interest can she take them if I get involved as my partner is terrified and I cant have any real life because she wont allow it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-How old are the children?

-How long have you been with the father and is it a long-term relationship?

-What were the previous arrangements for the children?

-What arrangements are sought now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in Englandchildren are 7 and 6I have been actively with the father for 4 years the wife left 1 year and 7 months agothe children lived at the farm where they still are now with the wife and father she left and left the children with the fatherthe arrangements are the same the children stay with the father through the week and she has them at the weekends any other arrangements are sorted between themselves amicably to not cause any bitterness and keep the children happy I play no part in this as she wont allow It i am never involved but the father wont because he says she will take themcan she???
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Firstly, you have no rights to contact with the children. However, given you are in what appears to be a long-term relationship with the father it would be expected that you would have contact with the children and they would likely be aware of your relationship. The mother can only reasonably restrict the father's contact arrangements if there are welfare or child protection concerns and this can include emotional abuse/distress. However, she cannot prevent all arrangements just because she does not want you involved. If she does this the father should apply to the children's local family court for a child arrangement order using form C100 and a £215 court fee.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you