How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1442
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I have served a penal notice to my wife who has not complied

This answer was rated:

i have served a penal notice to my wife who has not complied with our divorce proceedings.The court ordered on the 16th of August that she submit her form e within 7 days of being served the penal order.The order has been served on her by my enforcement officer.What do i do now to apply for the court for it to have the order enforced ?


You are now going to have to apply to court for enforcement/ commital due to you wifes non compliance.

You need to apply on the Application Notice Form -

You state along the lines of:

- this order was made on this date and it required the respondent to file and serve her form E

- a penal notice was added to the order

- the order was personally served on the ....

- the respondent has still not complied.

You need to attach the order and the enforcement officers statement of service.

The court fee is £155

You should serve a schedule of your costs ( application fee and enforcement officer fees) on your wife and seek these back at the hearing that will be listed.

This is the relevant FPR - 37.10

Kind regards


Please kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today

ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you