How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I ve already written a question but had no reply so i ll ask

Customer Question

I ve already written a question but had no reply so i ll ask again.My granny passed away at 102yrs old in 2009 i had no idea until recently what her will contained , but have just applied for it as i m having trouble with my mums will who passed away in 2012.
my Granny apparently left me 14% of her estate i don't know the value of that , but i received nothing .
I ve heard since it was a decision between my mum and my uncle that i had loaned some money from my granny some years prior and they said i had not paid it back but i have proof that i did pay it back , plus my granny wrote a special letter to dismiss my brother from any claim to her will as he is loaded ! but there was no letter to dis inherit me , i was here favourite grandchild we loved one another a lot she would not have wanted this outcome , Is there anything i can do as i feel it is very unjust that my share has been divided up amongst other family members .Jane
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

The executors of the Will had no right to withhold payment whatsoever and they are personally liable to you for the amount involved

You have not said who the Executors were - but if it was your Uncle and your mother then you need to write a calm but formal letter to your Uncle with a copy of the Will and asking for a copy of the final accounts.

Point out that he is personally liable to you for the unpaid amount and that you look forward ti his proposals, failing which you will take Court Action against him

Please ask if you need further details