How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I Have moved into a house and handed over a large amount of

Customer Question

I Have moved into a house and handed over a large amount of cash as due to having some bad debts couldn't get a mortgage, my partner now want me to get my mum to sell her house and move her to a flat which he owns and then use the money from my mums to put into this house to which I have no legal right to as my names not on the mortgage and when I said we should at least be married as I'd feel more legally secure he said no it's just a peice of paper please advise Me but i don't think I will do this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage

What capital did you invest?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is currently worth £300,000 I invested £50,000 from the sale of my house plus I pay the mortgage each month too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll not be using this service again !!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay - I have been out and away from the computer.

How much was the property worth at the time you gave your partner the cash?

What do you wish to achieve - so you wish to ensure that you own a share of the property