How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am 42, my marriage split 01/2015. I have been suffering

Customer Question

I am 42, my marriage split 01/2015. I have been suffering
mental health issues since then on and off. My wife has savings and a lot of equity in the house. I now have no money and she will not complete the financial settlement and I cannot afford to rent anywhere as of the end of this month. She is also being nasty about the children, she claims she cannot remortgage as she is in a new job. I am off sick and in deep trouble and cannot claim benefits.Living together 20 years
Married 8
Children 7 and 9House valuation: 210,000
Mortgage: 100,000Assets:
Mrs ward
15-20,000 savings
Car 4K
No debts
Salary 36,000 per annum
Small pensionMr ward
800 pounds
2k car
Pension 160,000Currently not working without sick pay, health was a issue during marriage but become a lot worse. I am under the mental health support team and cannot claim any benefits as my salary if I was working would be 48,000 per annum. Thankyou so much
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-How old are you both?

-What stage have you reached in divorce and financial proceedings?

-Have you moved out of the home?

-Is the home in her sole name?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.