How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Myself and my husband are wanting to emigrate, but we know

Customer Question

Myself and my husband are wanting to emigrate, but we know that his parents won't want us to leave the country and will try to use grandparents rights in order to stop it. Can they stop us from emigrating if both biological parents want to emigrate?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you today.

Please may I ask -

- how old is your child?

- is it only yourself and the childs father that hold parental responsibility for your child? there are no courr orders such as a residence order / special guardianship order in favour of the grandparents?

kind regards