How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34887
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If my wife and I agree on the terms to be included in a

Customer Question

If my wife and I agree on the terms to be included in a Consent Order, are we still required to complete a Form E financial disclosure? If not, is there other financial information that we are required to provide to the court, or is it sufficient that the terms of the consent order clearly make adequate financial provision for, in particular, the support of dependent children?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Just to check - have you reached Decree Nisi?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have just filed (2 years separation, with consent). I am meeting my wife in Munich on Thursday, to explain the UK court procedures, including what we need to do in order to register a Consent Order; and to begin discussions on the content of such an Order (ie on the financial settlement we want to reach). It will be important to her to know what financial info she has to give, since she is self-employed and not a great record keeper. She'll also want to know whether her live-in lover's contributions to the household budget will be relevant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, did you get my additional information? I'm waiting for your reply.
Derek Reed
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay

If the wording of the Consent Order is agreed between you the form that you will both need to complete is a D81 - here

I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Just to be clear: the D81 is the only form to be filled in, if my wife and I have agreed the wording of the consent order?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In terms of the finances when the divorce has reached the Decree Nisi stage then assuming you have a properly drafted Consent Order the D81 is all that will be required

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. And can a consent order provide for the amount of financial support to change at a future date? For example, maintenance of £x a month until 2024 and £y a month thereafter? (The reason would be that my mortgage has 8 years to run while my wife's has 20 years, so after 2024 I'd be able and willing to raise my support to her).
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

It can do if you wish although the trend is towards a can break to avoid any future issues

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** been very helpful.
Derek Reed
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You ar most welcome I hope all goes well