How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1441
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Can i get a injunction so my x can't just turn up at my

This answer was rated:

Hi can i get a injunction so my x can't just turn up at my house and some thing in writing to say he can have the kids every other weekend


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

Please may I ask:

- what is your ex doing when he is coming to your house? is he threatening you?

- how old are your children?

- what is the current routine for your children seeing your ex?

- are there any concerns about him of a child protection nature?

kind regards


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no routine he asks to have them when it suits him and its never at the weekend when he's off work to spend quality time, he wants them when he finishes work mid week picks them up 6.30ish and i have to pick them up at 8 in the morning, if and when he has them,if i ask him to have them he won't everything is on his terms, he's not threatening but we really don't get on and we argue a lot which isn't good for the kids so i would rather not have any contact and he have them set children are 4 and 2Hes a great father we just can't come to agreement as he likes to make things difficult
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just think we can't agree and we can't get along so something needs to be put in place


Thank you for your response.

For an injunction - your ex has to be pursuing a course of action against you such as harassment. It doesnt sound like this is the current position from what you have described - but I do agree that it is not in your childrens best interests to be witnessing any arguments between you.

Perhaps you could ask a friend / family member to faciltate the handover. This should make things easier if you have someone who can assist.

If your ex does ever threaten you - then the first thing you would need to do is contact the police. They have the power to issue a harassment act warning or even bail conditions if they consider there has been an offence. If something like this does happen and the police dont take action to protect you - then you can apply for a non molestation order from a family court but you do have to contact the police first.

In respect of your children - I am sorry to say but no court order can make him a better father. Even if a court order did stipulate that he should have the children at parrticular times - there would be no sanction if he choose not to comply with such an order.

Children do thrive when they have the stability of a routine - knowing when they are going to spend time with both of their parents - so it is best to try and introduce a routine if you can. You shouldnt have to make the children available at his whim - so it might be worth considering saying such contact isnt suitable for the chidren and that you want a routine in place.

I would suggest that you refer to family mediation. Family mediation can help you disuss the childrens need for a routime and help try and put a plan in place. There are lots of family mediation services and there will be one local to you. If you google family mediation in your area and you can give them a call to self refer.

Let me know if I can help you further

kind regards


Please kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today

ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you