How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How do I get a copy of my decree absolute?

This answer was rated:

Hi, how do I get a copy of my decree absolute?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you have any paperwork with the divorce number on it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no paperwork, I don't know where it has gone

Do you remember the date at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometime in 1988 or 1989, I remarried in 1989 and my surname is***** have been married 27 years. Sorry to be so sketchy

You will need a form D440

Fill in as much as you can and send it off with the fee and they will send you the Decree Absolute

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much

You are most welcome I hope all goes well

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you