How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am in the process of a divorce. just found out my ex wife

Customer Question

I am in the process of a divorce. just found out my ex wife has changed school for the second time for my sons. she has registered them in her maiden name. i have parental responsibility and have not given my consent.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children?

Why did they have to move the first time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
16 11 6 years old
no reason given
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What contact do you have with the children?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am doing this for my son. He is allowed by the court to post letters and magazines through the boys home address letterbox every two to three months. also birthday cards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for delay I was called away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i have a response please
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay.

Why has the court restricted contact to indirect contact?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son's ex lied and said there was domestic abuse to enable her to get legal aid. my son has never been abusive to her or the children. He wants to have the case reopened but is not sure what to do to get this done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son has printed off application to ask court to reopen case. can you give any advice on this? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i have a response please.