How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My ex partner is denying me access to my son and has now

This answer was rated:

my ex partner is denying me access to my son and has now taken out a non molestation order after an argument over my contact which contains many untrue accusations relating to drugs whilst i await mediation before applying for a contact order the court date for the non molestation order is set for the 6th October and my ex knows i am abroad until the 4th whats is my best course of action regarding the inaccuracies on non molestation order which i will totally agree too

Hi, thanks for your question. You should be seeking for leave to file a response to the statement and application if no direction has been made but it will be for the applicant to prove that there is a risk and necessity for the order. At the hearing the judge will likely discuss am undertaking to be offered by you to the court to prevent a fully contested final hearing and the undertaking will be less onerous than a non-molestation order. You should attempt to have your court application issued to be heard initially at the next hearing to prevent delay - given that a non-molestation order is in place the mediator will likely state mediation is unsuitable. You may be able to argue you should be exempt from mediation as there aware existing proceedings and it is in the interest of the child for a swift decision.

The application to court is under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to your local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1. The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you