Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters

I am a single divorced parent. I share equal parenting

I am a single divorced parent. I share equal parenting rights with my ex-husband, father of our 2 boys, aged 12 and 14. The boys live alternate weeks with each parent, as agreed on divorce, 8 years ago. At what age can our children decide to live with one parent or another?

Hi, thank you for your question. Usually any agreements end at 16 years old and children are aboe to decide where to live - this is the age that residence and contact orders always end. However, given their ages their wishes and feelings should be taken into account when making such decisions.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you