How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am a single divorced parent. I share equal parenting

This answer was rated:

I am a single divorced parent. I share equal parenting rights with my ex-husband, father of our 2 boys, aged 12 and 14. The boys live alternate weeks with each parent, as agreed on divorce, 8 years ago. At what age can our children decide to live with one parent or another?

Hi, thank you for your question. Usually any agreements end at 16 years old and children are aboe to decide where to live - this is the age that residence and contact orders always end. However, given their ages their wishes and feelings should be taken into account when making such decisions.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you