How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My friend got married in Poland, and now he is thinking of

This answer was rated:

My friend got married in Poland, and now he is thinking of divorce. Which legal system would be applicable Polish or UK. Note that the family home was based in the UK.

Thank you for your question and for asking for me

Where are the couple each living at the moment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They are living in the UK.

The issue is where the divorce takes place

If it takes place in the UK then Uk law applies - if the divorce in fact takes place in Poland it will be Polish law.

If you need further details please do not hesitate to ask

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you