How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have parental responsibility and my child's mother is

This answer was rated:

I have parental responsibility and my child's mother is taking my daughter out of the country for a 2 week holiday but has not informed me. Is she allow to do this.

Hi, thank you for your question. As you have parental responsibility she requires your consent to take your daughter out of the country - however, unless you have reasonable concerns that she will not return to the UK, then you cannot reasonably withhold your consent.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is fine, but is she broken any laws in not telling me or asking me she is going abroad

She may be stopped at the border and requested to provide confirmation of your consent.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does you offer give me