How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a residence order for my granddaughter u also receive

This answer was rated:

I have a residence order for my granddaughter u also receive her benefits for her. Her mother who lives with me and don't work keeps demanding her daughter's money am I within my rights to withhold her daughters money from her as I am my granddaughters main carer.

Hi, thank you for your question. As you have a residence order you would be considered the main carer of the child and therefore your would be entitled to keep and use for the child's outgoings any benefits that are received for her.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you