How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Dear Legal Advisor, I personally feel my situation is very

Customer Question

Dear Legal Advisor,
I personally feel my situation is very different but I truly need legal advice.
I was in the UK until May 2016 and my boyfriend is still living in the UK.
We were living together in Coventry. We both are Indians by nationality.
My boyfriend promised me marriage and told me that he would tell his parents about our relationship and get their approval for marriage. But later he changed his words. I became pregnant also, and he forced me to have an abortion and took me to BPAS Streatham for surgical abortion. He mentally and emotionally tortured me over the abortion and finally he made me agree to his decision. Later he told me he told his parents about our relationship and since they did not accept it he tried to betray me. I went to India for personal reasons and we had fights over the phone as he was trying to deceive me and told him that I would go legally. He asked me to come to UK if I really wanted marriage. After coming to UK, he manipulated me and told me that "we are mentally disturbed for different reasons and so we will take 6 months time and then he will come to India and marry me". He made me cancel my work visa and so I came to India. Slowly slowly he disconnected all communication. All I know is where he works. I tried to reach some of his colleagues at work for his contact details but no use. I was totally betrayed by him and he used me sexually. He forced me to kill my unborn baby. He emotionally manipulated me. He spoiled my career.
By now I should have my baby but because of the abortion I am emotionally and psychologically disturbed which is impacting my personal life even till today. I want to take legal action against him.
Now I am planning to come to UK on visit visa. If I come on visit visa, can I file a complaint/case against him? Will I get justice by law? I need someone who is an expert in law. I can never excuse him for forcing me to have an abortion and not marrying now. Can someone advise me please. Also he physically abused me a lot. He used to hit me very hard and I used to cry a lot. all i bared since he is partner and promised me marriage.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he forced me for abortion and i had to say ok for for it in the end as he emotionally and mentally tortured me for abortion. By now i should have my baby. now he is not there and my baby is also not there. because of the abortion i am emotionally and mentally and psychologically dipressed, which is impacting my personal life. I still remember my lost baby who was 13 week fetus. after the abortion also he abused me physically and orally. he use to torture me mentally. in the end he is betraying me and absconding from me. since he forced me to kill my baby for his selfishness, i wanted to legally. now i am all alone with noone.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola,
I am ok to wait but can you let me know how long it will take because i am very eagerly waiting for your response.
I have already waited for more than a day and half for this response. Can u please let me know how long it might take.Thanks you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time but we are working very hard to find an Expert to assist.
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola,I am mentally and emotionally very disturbed and feeling myself very imbalanced where i am unable to lead a normal life.
I truly appreciate if you could fine me someone for as early as possible.Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did you report any of the physical assaults to the police?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,
No I have not reported any to police
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far I have not reported any to police or any other. I simply trusted him. Everything has happened between us.
I simply trusted him. I told him a million times that I dont want to go for abortion and I need the baby but he manupulated me in many ways. Many a times he physically assaulted me and verbally also. he gave me many false promises. Now I dont have my baby and him too. He is completely absconding from me. he told me he would come after 6 months and marry but he didnt. totally disappeared. No one can describe my situation now. :(
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am so very very sorry but there is no legal action you can take against this man if you come to the UK.

There is no action whatsoever that you can take regarding the abortion at all I am afraid

You can report the assault to the police even at this late date - but it is unlikely that the police will actually take action

As I said I am so very sorry

Please ask if you need further details