How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35067
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I wonder if you could help me? On the 13th of August I was

Customer Question

Hi, I wonder if you could help me? On the 13th of August I was arrested for allegations of assault to my ex partner, later that day I was refused charge and then the following day my ex left. I had the children living with me until the 27th when I was re-arrested for the same allegations however my partner had contracted Pneumonia and the Police were accusing me as the cause.
I was advised that my arrest was unlawful and I have put a complaint in to the IPCC who have suspended the investigation due to investigations on going but would conduct an investigation once the Police had decided what they were going to do.I as represented at the station and my solicitor advised me to give a no comment interview as the Police already had an account of what happened and quite obviously I couldn't be the cause of an infection... Later that night my I was released on bail and when I got home my children were gone.According to my ex the Police had instructed my ex she had to go and collect the children which she said she would do the following day, with it being 21:30 and the children were in bed whilst my mother looked after them. According to my ex the Police insisted she must go that night to collect the children as they were going to release me, I have spoken to Social Services and they had no reason why the children should be taken from me.I have also been back to court to arrange contact with my children and my ex told my solicitor the same thing that it had been the police instructing her.I just don't know what to do and it seems as though the Police are abusing their powers significantly!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah that's fine I can wait
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Do you have any independent evidence that this is what the pOlice said?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing we have is a statement from my ex which was given to the court on the initial hearing at the family court.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Have you raised the matter with the police?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I thought I would seek some advice first
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

It is far from impossible that the Police did say something like this - but equally it is possible that they did not.

You should deal with this by making a formal complaint about their behaviour in this regard - this is a separate complaint and should be addressed to the Senior Station Officer

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details