How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 71043
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Is there anything I can do to stop my ex husband and father

Customer Question

Is there anything I can do to stop my ex husband and father of my children communicating information about my life to an ex partner against whom I have a non molestation order and whom has been arrested for harassing and stalking me recently?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, I'm afraid not.

There is nothing that prevents your former partners conferring with each other about your life and your circumstances.

If they start to commit offences then that is different. Just discussing you and your circumstances though is perfectly lawful.

I'm very sorry if that is bad news.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please. If the ex partner has been charged with harassment and stalking and a repeat offence is committed enabled purely through information passed on by my ex husband (I move house and he passes on my address), is he not assisting a crime occur?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Not unless he is encouraging him. Giving him information alone is not enough.