How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Was wondering for advice on what I can do with an issue

This answer was rated:

Was wondering for advice on what I can do with an issue involving the father to my child I tryed to address an issue regarding ehe's care my child and he's threats to go to court he's extremely verbally abusive and I'm worried for her welfare and that he's gunna come take her from me I need help he don't listen to anything I say I've tryed soo hard to make things work he don't pay for her or contribute he barely comes to see her only when I stand up for her is when he decides he wants her n when he dose have her she comes back thilfy dirty and in pain with blisters on her bottom he's a big bully n it's making me ill I have a another child with severe disabilities n it's unfair on them both it's starting to effect them too

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-How old is the child?

-Are there any court orders in place, if so what are the terms?

-What are the arrangements to have contact with the child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is 8 months there's no court orders just he keeps threatening me with it I've been trying for set routeen n days but he just picks up as n when he remembers he's got a child
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We've been fighting since she was born

Thank you for confirming. Your child has a right to a relationship with her father and this can only be reasonably restricted if there are welfare or child protection concerns and his verbal abuse may amount to such concerns. You should put forward reasonable proposals for a consistent arrangement and if he does not agree or adhere to it you would have the right to change or stop the arrangements if it is disruptive to your daughter. He is entitled to apply to court for an order if nothing can be agreed but to avoid such action it would be in your interest to put forward proposals and if he were to pursue an application you would be able to demonstrate that you acted reasonably.

For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1. The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou I will take note and be careful of my actions there is just no reasoning with him I try and all I get is abuse and more people getting involved I've never said he's never seeing her I've always have him access but recently ivestoped I'm just worried about the care he provides she's just not looked after properly I said he can still have her but he has to take care of her properly and again I just get called stuff and a mouth of abuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blowing everything out of proportion and making up other issues that are not relevant

It may be best to suggest that all communications by text or email and for someone else to assist handovers - that way you do not need to come into contact with him

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you