How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Please can you advise me on how i stand legaly .my ex wife

This answer was rated:

Please can you advise me on how i stand legaly .my ex wife will not let me see my children i pay £400 a month to her to help support the boys .i was seeing my children quite a few nights in the week and all day sats .but now she has a new partner .she wont let me be involved in any aspect of the boys life .thank you in advance for any help on this matter

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but need some further information first

How old are the chidlren?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My children are 12 .8 and 6

When did you last see them?

What pattern of contact are you wanting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just keep turning up to watch my children do activities eg football training and matches ..i want to be able to have my children staying at my home at least once a week .and just to be able to be a part of their life

What was happening before the new partner got involved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was seeing my children regualy

Yes but what was the pattern and is that what you wish to re-instate

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was seeing the boys monday eve wednesday eve thursday eve for a couple of hours ..and all day sat untill about 5.00 pm ..and yes i want to see my children regular and be part of their lives
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know can my ex stop me seeing my children and how legaly can i go about this to make sure im part of my childrens life still
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you tell me how long will i have to wait for your legal advice ..thank you

My apologies for the delay

The law says that children are entitled to a close relationship with both parents and the courts will enforce this of necessary

You should arrange to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting

If your ex will agree to mediation then you may be able to reach an agreement that allows you to re-instate the former pattern of contact - and possibly move on to over night contact.

If she does not co-operate or no agreement can be reached then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the time you spend with them - and which can be enforced.

You are also entitled to stay in touch with their schools and with any health professionals involved.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you