How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Monthly income of £18,000 2 children aged 8 and 10 Ex earns

Customer Question

Monthly income of £18,000
2 children aged 8 and 10
Ex earns £2,000 a month
How much child support should be paid?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

i shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Is it the non resident parent who earns £2,000 a month?

Does the NRP have any other children living in his/her household?

How often so the children stay overnight

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the non resident parent who earns £2,000 a month - the mother
Yes - 2 children of his girlfriend who woks and receives payments from her ex husband
every other weekend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you mean who lives with the children - the moother does.The husband now earns £18k a month
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

So the parent who does NOT live with the children earns £18 a MONTH

he has two children living with him.

How often do his children stay with him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ye - his girlfriend's children
every other weekend
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How many nights/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 Friday and Saturday every other week
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In that case the CMS (new CSA) guide means that he should be paying in the region of £2167 a month.

You can find the guidelines here

You may also be able to apply for a "top up" if there are school fees to pay

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details