How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have been in a dead relationship for 5 years now and asked

Customer Question

I have been in a dead relationship for 5 years now and asked her to leave as I have now moved on with a new woman. We have one child together she is 19 and none depended.the mortgage has her name on be she does not contribute to this or any other bill I pay them all. Can I ask her to leave while I put the house up for sale
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Are you married to her?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
131000 and we have a mortgage of £89000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No were not married
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me a reply please
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay.Just for clarity - she is in fact a joint owner of the property - is that correct?

Does she agree to the sale of the property?