How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

If I have lived with someone but not married for nine years

Customer Question

If I have lived with someone but not married for nine years am I entitled to ask for part of their wealth if we have separated
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.


Are there any children of the relationship?

Do either of you own any properties?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No children with each other and yes there is property in her name
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still on line
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.


I cannot have a phone call I'm afraid.

Do you live in the property?

have you contributed more in rent/mortgage repayments than you otherwise would have if you were living in your own private rented accomodation?

Have you paid capital sums off of the mortgage?

Have you paid for or carried out significant improvements to the property which have substantially increased the property's value?


Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.


Are you able to respond to the above post in order that I may provide you with an answer please?

Kind regards,